Pricing your home is not an easy task. It is typically one of the most common selling mistakes made. There are many factors that go into deciding the best price in which you should sell. With that, you will want to work with a real estate agent who understands the Sierra Vista, AZ market, one who can set the right price for your home… the first and only time.
No one wants to have price reduction after price reduction, or have their home sit on the market for an extended number of days. With the goal of selling your home quickly, below are five tips for pricing your house to sell:
1. Take the first step in finding out the value of your home. Use our free instant home valuation tool and find out the value of your home in less than 60 seconds. We will quickly compile a report with your key information to give you a peek into the local Sierra Vista, AZ market.
2. Have a true comparable market analysis (CMA) completed on your home. Having a real estate agent pull together an in depth CMA will allow you to see a full scope of what properties are selling for near and around you, how long they have been on the market, and what has recently sold.
3. You are going to need to put yourself in a buyer’s shoes. When deciding on a price, you need to take your personal memories and fondness of your home off the table. The wonderful memories you had in your home do not constitute a higher price. Many sellers price their home for sentimental reasons and then their home may stay on the market longer than the average days on market.
4. Keep an eye on the current market and price ahead of the curve. Set the price based on the fair market value for what is happening today in our market. If you simply price your home for what you foresee it being worth in the future is dangerous. By then your home will not be the fresh new listing on the market, and you may have increased competition.
5. Consider anything you have done to fix-up your house. If you recently renovated your master bathroom or added new energy efficient windows, you name it – consider what value add you as a homeowner have created. These may not always be considered when using a tool. To this point, feel free to contact us for a listing appointment. We can take any recent renovation projects and updates into account when deciding a price.
Sierra Vista Home Selling Team is here to do this research for you. We want to do the leg-work for you. We are experienced, know the local market, and are confident that we can set the right price for your house that will attract the most buyers. We know the market. Contact Sierra Vista Home Selling Team today, and we can map out your home selling strategy!